keskiviikkona, syyskuuta 27, 2006

What a beautiful day

This morning, there's a package waiting for me in the in-box. Judging by the look of the thick envelope, I know it's from Eileen, and my heart jumps. Sure enough, inside the thing, I find the much-awaited "Unprotected Texts" by Tom Beckett, a selection of his poetry from 1978 to 2006. Whoa! Leafing through the book, I immediately recognize what I'm seeing: for what it's worth, it's full of stuff I'd love to have written myself.

You show me mine.

I'll show you yours.

Thanks & congrats, Tom!

PS. Inside the package, there's also a complimentary bookmark, provided by the publisher, Meritage Press, complete with a condom attached to it. Now, there's a side product if there ever was one. The joke? It's "King XL Size." Oh my.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Beckett said...

Thank you, Karri.

3:38 ap.  

Lähetä kommentti

<< Home