lauantaina, syyskuuta 17, 2005

Yeah, yeah, yeah







Watching "A Hard Day's Night" on television for the first time in many, many years. The collection of songs included in the movie, and the album by the same name, is an absolute miracle and never to be topped (at least by any group not called the Beatles). The sentiment of the girls, millions and millions of them, screaming and shouting at the Fab Four, is beyond reason, but, listening to the songs and their execution, perfectly understandable. These guys, they really hit it, whatever that "it" is. For me, these songs bear also a personal significance. "A Hard Day's Night," which came out more than forty years ago, is the first pop album by any group that I remember listening to right after it's appearance. It changed me, it changed everything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anny Ballardini said...

Yes, it was like a fever in the air. I was less than ten but my friend had a sister who was tall and had long hair and she had her bedroom full of posters of the Beatles, you know they were in the air in New York, and I was in the air with them.

7:12 ip.  
Blogger Karri Kokko said...

Yeah, I can still remember the feeling. Although I was too young to buy the records myself, my friends had plenty of teenage brothers and sisters who introduced me to this fantastic new thing. Intuitively, I picked it right up.

8:52 ip.  

Lähetä kommentti

<< Home