tiistaina, elokuuta 16, 2005

Opening lines of famous novels in the form of hay(na)ku III

A way a
lone a
last

a
loved a
long the riverrun

I know, I know. I'm only into my third installment and I'm already breaking rules of all kind. But it's our party and we jive if we want to, right? First, to be exact, this is not quite the first line of Finnegans Wake, but then, what is? And second, the line scheme used here (3-2-1 | 1-2-3) just looks and sounds better than the usual 1-2-3 | 1-2-3. Anywho, I'm really, really proud of it. So, sweet Eileen, shall we?

2 Comments:

Blogger na said...

Your lines make
me want
pooooooornography

Uh, something like that re this inspiring new series of yours. The reverse could happen -- write a hay(na)ku....and then stretch it out to become the first line of something else. Which is to say, I think I'll go write some hoooooorny story, eh?

cheers,
eileen

7:36 ap.  
Blogger Karri Kokko said...

Whatever works for you works for me, too.

Love
the idea.
Go for it!

Karri

8:10 ap.  

Lähetä kommentti

<< Home